Tropical Sunrise Muffins
Updated: Jan 24, 2021
Featuring Balanced Greens Total Health Pineapple Coconut flavor these tropical muffins are super easy to make. The very best way to make use of overripe bananas these muffins are tender and packed full of flavor. Not only great for you, but they also taste great too.
6 scoops Balanced Greens Total Health Pineapple Coconut Flavor
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 large ripe bananas
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flower
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 325Line a sheet pan with tin foil and toast shredded coconut in oven at 325 for 4 minutes.
2. Turn oven up to 350 to bake muffins. Add 12 muffin cups to muffin pan and set aside.
3. Add the stick of unsalted butter to a glass bowl and microwave until melted, in 15 second intervals for about 1 minute (4 intervals).
4. Add the bananas to the same bowl and mash with a fork or electric hand mixer.
5. Add the vanilla extract and egg to the bowl and use fork or hand mixer to mash and stir until no yellow streaks of egg remain.
6. In a second large bowl whisk together Total Health pineapple coconut, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
7. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula until just combined. Fold in applesauce.
8. Evenly distribute batter into 12 muffin cups filling to just beneath muffin tin (you will have some batter leftover).
9. Bake muffins at 350 for 25 minutes. Test by inserting a toothpick through middle of a muffin. If the toothpick comes out dry the muffins are done.
10. Remove muffins from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.